Tyttö sinä olet tähti

The question whether the glass is half empty or half full tells a lot about how you think about the world. I’m not the person who says the glass is half full. There was a time when I believed that the glass was half full, even if there were only drops in it. A nice way to get disappointed when you are thirsty and you start drinking from that glass. Later I learnt to measure things and tried to be on the safe side: expect the least - probably an empty glass - and get surprised when you find something at the bottom. This is my way of being optimistic (does that mean realistic?).

But the question of the half full or empty glass has another aspect, too that we usually ignore. Namely, who is filling up our glasses? I think this is the essence of the whole glass issue and it took me to a conclusion that might seem far from the original question. Because the glass doesn’t get filled by itself. Somebody fills that up so that you can elaborate yourself in the philosophy of the empty-or-full problem. By that person the chance of hope is given, and it only depends on you what you gonna start with it. I suggest you not to think about it too much. Simply just start filling up glasses.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think the best way is not to wait around for someone to fill your glass. Fill it yourself as much and as many times as you wish...even let it overflow if that's what you want. Make a mess, at least you know you are living...

Popular posts from this blog

Black Summer

Saves the Day

Dahab Diving memories I.