No More Running

'Come in' he told me, after he opened the door with a powerful move. I stood up from my chair and walked through the door. I was full of excitement and curiousity. I didn’t exactly know what was going to happen, but for some reasons I had the firm belief that nothing can go wrong this time.

He closed the door behind me. Now we are only the two of us in a small room, striked me the thought while I hung my coat. I felt his gaze on my back. I turned and sat on the chair in front of him. ’I know why you are here’ he said. I looked him in the eyes from where this excessive confidence surged. How different our situation is I thought. For you this is a daily routine, for me it’s the first time. ’I know why you are here’, he repeated, ’so please just follow what I’m saying and everything will be fine.’ I nodded.

’First, I want you to take off your boots.’ I unzipped my boots and stepped out of them. ’And your stockings as well’ he added with some delay. ’I’m sorry for the stockings. This moring the sun was shining so strong that I couldn’t resist to put on a dress with stockings. Today is the first day of spring.’ The words came involuntarily out of my mouth. He went to the window to open the blind curtain. The light ran over the room in a flash. ’The first day of spring. It’s true. I haven’t even realized that.’ The stockings laid beside the boots.

’Stand on your feet now’. I stood up. He scanned my legs with the intensity of an X-Ray machine. No bones, no muscles, no imperfections of skin could hide from his profound look. To have a better view, he kneeled down. His index finger followed the slight arc of the shin bone from knee to foot. Then he took the tiptoes in his hand, fiddling with each of them some time. Finally, he let the sole to leave a footprint in his palm. I held my breath. The sun was still striking strong outside.

’You need some elevation.’ He drew the conclusion with such ease that it made me forget about all the struggles of the last months, the time I was looking for an answer desperately. Now the secret is revealed. Eighteen millimeters. The most important distance to fight with is our own imperfection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Summer

Saves the Day

Dahab Diving memories I.