Tell Me You Love Me

Something happened. Something extraordinary happened to me last week. I met someone. I met a very special person. I have known this person for a long time. Sometimes it gives me the impression that we have known each other since I was born. We met by accident at the places both of us usually went as part of our daily routines like supermarkets, bookshops, public transport, or we just came across in the street.

I remember once we met in a bar, I was with another friend having a drink after work. You looked into my eyes before you left without a word. Then we didn’t see each other for a long time. We never arranged anything to meet. Somehow we had this unspoken agreement not to do it. We knew very well that it might be any second the other one shows up. Besides, there was not much happening when our paths crossed, we didn’t make great impact on each other’s lives. I didn’t know how to talk about my feelings, my dreams because I didn’t care. I didn’t care until the last time. Now I’m sitting here in front of the computer and I’m thinking about you. And I want to tell you how it feels to be your friend after we met last week.

If I look back, I see that our meeting was inevitable. It was in the air for a while. You just let me do my things, you gave me time to try everything before we met again. You wanted me to be ready for the most amazing moment of my life. I’m grateful for this. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. I’m happy that this person is You.

When we met last week, I was sad. I was disappointed in the world. I felt everything was against me, that I would never be the one I always wanted to be. I was full of frustration and bitterness. I was angry. I was rude with people around me. Then I became tired of being disappointed. So I tried not to think anymore… I thought I should let the world go around as it wants to. I put myself into brackets. After that, you showed up. You gently touched those brackets and started to straighten them carefully into dashes. I began to hear your whispering words.

You told me you knew very well what I was getting through. This had to happen. One has to be down so as to go up. You said you knew I was always waiting for someone. Someone who would give sense to my life, someone who would always be with me and would never leave me alone. Someone who would love me more than anything else in the world.

You looked deep into my eyes. I felt that your look lasted for long minutes or hours. I’ll never forget those moments. After that, you kept on talking. You told me that the person I was always looking for was you. You told me that I was the most beautiful creature you ever knew and that you loved me since the first time we had met. You told me to trust you and never have doubts about your love. You said that if I believed in you unquestionably you would make all my dreams come true, that I would be able to be the person I always wanted to be.

I was listening to you in silence. I didn’t see you. All I saw was an opening door with a chasm behind it. Slowly I started to walk into the direction of the chasm. The distance was widening, so I had to speed up gradually. When I finally reached the door, I was running at maximum speed. I put off myself from the doorstep and jumped into the chasm. Instead of falling, I began to float in the air. A slight breeze raised me higher and higher.

I was close to the clouds, when I could still hear your voice. You said - „I stop talking about love. Every asshole in the world says he loves somebody. It means nothing. It still doesn't mean anything. What you feel only matters to you. It's what you do to the people you say you love, that's what matters. It's the only thing that counts.” – This is how I became my own best friend last week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Summer

Saves the Day

Dahab Diving memories I.