Mayonaise

What a weird day, my friend. Those dreams coming out of the blue. They were so real, I couldn't resist them... But this is not what I want to tell you. Hopefully most of you are watching European Championship at the moment, and the rest of you are already accostumed to the fact that I don't say any relevant thing in my blog. Because this blog is still not about a story of characters who have conflicts in their lives, they are struggling and there is catharsis at the end. The story in which a character recognizes movies by its music and spends most of his time attending concerts. This is still me getting on bike every morning to work, going to run in Vondelpark after and trying to go to sleep at midnight. Not much to say - to be honest. And it doesn't mean nothing happens to me. So much things are happening, but still. The question - is it really happening to me? - is still there. I need time to integrate everything in my life.

Actually, I think I have a special definition what freedom is. In my world, freedom means that anything can happen any time. The feeling I constantly have in Budapest, where really anything can happen to me. In Amsterdam, I only have moments of those kinds of feelings. But on the map of freedom there is also a small Spanish village, where I spent six months years ago. The most surrealistic place on Earth. Anything that can happen, happens to you there as well... One of the biggest challenges in my life is to make this village of six hundred inhabitants famous one day. Because Plasenzuela, this place at the end of the world - or the place behind the back of God, as we say it in Hungarian - really deserves to be a famous point on Earth. But that is also another story.

Amsterdam is a very liberal and open-minded city. Many things are supposed to happen here, but this is also a place where nobody is supposed to be surprised when something strange is happening. That is part of life. Let's smile and cross the street - don't show that you think this or that thing shouldn't have happened here. Or you might have seen it last week already. You just keep smiling and going on your way. No matter what. Have you ever thought about stopping by for a second?

Well, less than a week, and I will be at home again. I'm going to hear the usual sounds of the tractors in the morning under my window. I can tell you by the press of the gear if it's my dad or my older brother. I'm going to hear the voice of my nephew asking "did Kriszta get up already?'' in front of my door and he is entering my room without waiting for any answer. Naturally, I'm going to jump out of bed and play whatever he wants to play. And I will try to make the games much more silly than he is expecting, so that next time he can ask for the same silly games from his parents - god, they gonna curse me, for sure.

And I'm going to visit my friends (my mum always wants to know what time I'm coming back. How would I know?): the one who is getting married in August, the one who is expecting her second child, the one with whom we are always having the same experience in life at the same time, and the one who has so much to give and only guys fail to see it. I cannot wait to be there. And when everything is over, instead of biking home - as I usually do here in Amsterdam (one of the greatest things I'm going to miss so much) I will walk down our street, with head raised up and will get lost in counting the stars in the sky. Starting with the Great Bear, of course.

Comments

Anonymous said…
There is one Huge Bear anxiously waiting for you in Budapest.

Popular posts from this blog

Black Summer

Saves the Day

Dahab Diving memories I.