Desert Island

Somehow I got to a desert island
Far from my life, far from any hopes or dreams
I was left there with no history
and nothing I could think of as a future

I sat on the beach for days
watching the endless blue ocean
and above it the endless blue sky
there were no clouds and if I stared long
the two kinds of blue became one

there were no waves either, as if the wind had avoided me
and abandoned all the blue colours around.
so what now? I asked myself
and after that, more days had passed.

what if I eat and drink and sleep
what would be the fourth step?
would it be love or would it be the soul
that needs to be feeded?

there was silence, I could only hear my heartbeat.
my heart still pumped blood into my body
and my chest moved up and down
as I was still breathing.

I listened to my breath
and I listened to my heartbeat...

as if someone else was inside,
as if another person was there
breathing instead of me.

I felt relieved.

I was alone and I was alive,
but I felt connected with this person inside.
I thought to share the blue landscape with him.
I wanted to say something so my lips get moving...
If I sang a song, would he hear something?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Summer

Saves the Day

Dahab Diving memories I.