Rain Dance Maggie


On my way to work one part of the pavement has subsided as a result of the wheels of trucks that often park at this spot. There is not much to think about such an irregularity of the pavement. We don’t think about it, because we don’t think about the other potholes that come in our way in the mornings either. Our brains is switched into automatic pilot and even if we take notice of such a thing, as soon as we pass by we forget how the pothole made our biking familiar and cozy, leastways till the next morning.

I passed this part of the pavement many times in many different weather conditions. I also noticed a long time ago that on rainy days this pit fills up with water and the puddle takes the shape of a heart. I realized that many times before. But as soon as I passed by, I forgot all about it - until the next encounter. I don’t know what has changed today... This morning after I passed by this regular heart-shaped irregularity full of water and I reached the entrance of my workplace soaking wet, I thought without the rain that heart on the ground wouldn’t exist. A solid comfort I found in a heart-shaped moment.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Summer

Saves the Day

Dahab Diving memories I.