84 Charing Cross Road

He Wishes For Cloths of Heaven
By W. B. Yeats

Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.


Az ég köntösére vágyik
(Szabó Lőrinc ford.)

Volna csak enyém az ég köntöse,
arannyal hímzett ezüstszínű fény,
az ég kék, sötét s szürke köntöse,
melyben az éj jár s a hajnal s a fény,
azt teríteném lábaid elé;
de minden kincsem csak az álmaim;
álmaim terültek lábaid elé;
lépj lágyan: amin jársz: az álmaim.


Poeta pragnie szaty niebios
(Leszek Engelking)

Poeta pragnie szaty niebios
Gdybym miał niebios wyszywaną szate
Z nici złotego i srebrnego światła,
Ciemną i bladą, i błękitną szatę
Ze światła, mroku, półmroku, półświatła,
Rozpostarłbym ci tę szatę pod stopy,
Lecz biedny jestem: me skarby - w marzeniach,
Więc ci rzuciłem marzenia pod stopy;
Stąpaj ostrożnie, stąpasz po marzeniach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Summer

Saves the Day

Dahab Diving memories I.