Shelter

I’m sipping tea, wrapped in a warm blanket. I hope to write something. I’m staring at the screen but my attention is like a bird that wants to fly out of the window. Everything is still outside. Nobody is walking in the streets, only dark and light clouds are chasing each other in the sky. A flock of birds shape a beautiful V. V as victory? V as vanity?… I can see a mocking bird on the top of a tree, the sunshine reflects on its wings, which makes it more visible.

The dark cloud is growing on the right and is approaching faster and faster. The branches of the trees are starting to move, a mild wind is getting stronger. The sun is still shining from the left, but on the right it’s already raining. Some seagulls show up on the rainy part, comfortably balancing in the strong wind. It seems like they are heading nowhere, they even stop in the air like hummingbirds do. Is it some kind of rain dance? Or do they just expose themselves bravely to the force of nature from which they cannot hide? I’m watching at them in admiration.

Meanwhile I take notice of the planes which appear every five minutes above the roof of a house. They are all trying to avoid the dark cloud while landing so they choose different directions. One of their wings is lower than the other one, they turn sharply. Planes. I want to know where each plane is going and imagine the passengers in the aircraft and feel the calmness of being-above-it-all pressed between two giant engines.

The rain stops all of a sudden, five seconds later it stops on the other side of the street as well. The sun comes out again from the left. The dark cloud disappears from my sight. I’m looking at the empty screen on my laptop and I understand that the world is busy even when nothing really happens.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Merry Christmas!

Steven

Popular posts from this blog

Black Summer

Saves the Day

Dahab Diving memories I.