" Courage is the solution to despair, reason provides no answers. I can't know what the future will bring; we have to choose despite uncertainty. Wisdom is holding two contradictory truths in our mind, simultaneously, Hope and despair. A life without despair is a life without hope. Holding these two ideas in our head is life itself." (First Reformed, 2017)
Megérkezésem óta az egyik legfontosabb Esemény, ami velem történt: a Saját Biciklim. Mivel egy boltban vásárolt, használt kerékpár ára előzetes becslések alapján 100 euróba kerül, más forrásokat is próbáltam felkutatni. Egy lengyel oldal szerint a vasútállomáson pirkadatkor és kora este ujjal mutogatva lehet illegálisan olcsó, azaz lopott biciklihez jutni. Viszont ha észrevesz a rendőr, több száz euródba kerülhet, hogy ily módon támogatod egyesek anyaghoz jutását. A sajátomra a craigslist-en bukkantam rá. Oscar 2 utcányira innen árulta a "kis szeretet igénylő" női kerékpárt, 50-ért. Első látásra elvakította a szememet a zöldeskék csoda, aztán a próbakör után egyenesen elválaszthatatlanok lettünk. Pedig a dinamója csak dísznek jó, az egyik fék is pafou, a csengettyű rozsdás, stb. Kárpótlásnak azonban ott volt a két viharvert oldaltáska. Belegondolva a kis szépséghibákkal még pénzt is spóroltam: nem kell külön költenem a Saját Biciklim elcsúfítására. A bicikli elengedhetetlen k...
Before I leave town, I have the urge to tell you things that are still in my mind but I haven’t found the appropriate way or time to write them down lately. This might be also the way I want to rememer the past months I have spent here in Amsterdam. It was a really nice period in my life, I have to tell you. Careless, mostly. Maybe a bit passive, if I think of the books around my bed. I couldn’t finish any of them. My greatest reading experience was The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera, that I found on Manyi’s bookshelf. Although I had read it years ago, I was reading it again as if it had been the first time. A book I could connect to so many people and things here. The importance of repetition in life etc… I also discovered the experience of reading poems in Dutch and understanding them as well. Allow me to share with you one of my favourites from this beautifully illustrated children book by Hans and Monique Hagen - Thank you, Manyi again! IK DROOM als de nacht nog nie...
Comments